Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sweet Scallops Tote

My daughter saw this Sweet Scallops Tote on Craftgawker and had to have it. 


The link is to the tutorial on how to make it.  I have to say, See Kate Sew is a pretty cool sewing blog.  I made a few changes in the directions and this is what I came up with:


Sorry for my crappy photography!  I just use my iPhone.

My daughter picked out the fabrics she liked for the scallops.  We varied the patterns, colors and textures, but all were cotton.


 The directions called for 1/4 yard of each scallop fabric, but that was enough for me to make two bags!  After sewing the scallops together and trimming, turning and ironing, I arranged them in a pleasing pattern.




I sewed them on the simple rectangular canvas bag and added handles and lining.  I sandwiched my handles between the lining and the bag instead of sewing them on the outside like the tutorial suggested.




For a little visual interest, I added some fabric covered buttons.  The lining is really cute too.


I'll try to get some photos of the bags in actionThey were very easy to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment