Sunday, January 15, 2012

Welcome to my blog!  I hope you like my totally generic title.  It will have to do until I come up with something creative.  The generic template will have to do as well until I can get my computer-genius son to help me spiff it up.

As I said in my introduction,  I've been sewing for over 40 years and making costumes for community theater for the past ten years. I've made or adapted literally thousands of costumes over that time. And because we are a "community" theater, we don't have much money, so everything I do is done as cheaply as possible. I thought there might be others out there who could benefit from some of the tricks I've learned to create beautiful, professional-looking costumes on the cheap. I also like to sew things other than costumes, crochet, craft occasionally, and cook when I have time. I'll try to blog about all these things on a semi-regular basis.

I'll be happy to try and answer questions anyone has about any of my projects.  Sometimes I will just post a photo of something I've made with a link to the instructions or inspiration I used.  When I have time, I'll post detailed tutorials for particular projects.  I hope to be able to link my posts to Pinterest and Craftgawker, my two favorite sites for inspiration these days.

Here are a couple of photos of costumes I've made.  These are Captain Hook's coat and vest.



Happy blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment